Cardinal Health Regional Director, Foundational Sales in United States
Regional Management is responsible for leading, managing and developing a team of Regional Account Managers who are responsible for cold calling, prospecting and building relationships that increase account penetration, revenue growth and customer satisfaction within the product portfolio and geography. Focus areas will include driving new business as well as increasing penetration in existing accounts, while diminishing losses.
Position Expectations and Accountabilities
- Provide leadership and management to Regional Account Managers and experienced professional staff
- Manage and is accountable for an annual organizational budget, including expense control and top and bottom line revenue goals
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to achieve organizational goals
- Assist in the development and implementation of functional strategy, both within the assigned region and in accordance to development of national impact strategies
- Interact with internal and/or external leaders, including senior management
- Develop specific sales and financial objectives for assigned region, teams and individuals; instills an appropriate sense of urgency in sales team and effectively manages, influences and coordinates available resources to ensure successful achievement of sales and profit objectives.
- Develop and implement tactical marketing and sales programs. Works in concert with the other Region Sales, Business and Operations Directors to ensure Company, regional and local objectives are met or exceeded.
- Analyze sales budgets to identify budget needs or reductions, taking the appropriate action. Analyzes customer profiles; creates action plans to maximize customer satisfaction and improve financial results.Prepare regular reports and analysis for management including business plans, customer correspondence, succession plans, monthly status/variance reports and human resources documentation.
- Comply with and implement Company policies and procedures on a timely and consistent basis.
- Act as a change agent by leading change and helping others to understand and implement change to ensure business objectives are met.
- Communicate market intelligence on competitive activity to appropriate personnel in a timely manner; and develops marketing and sales plans to capitalize on market opportunities.
- Develop high quality, long lasting relationships with customers.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested to ensure sales goals and objectives are met.
- Lead and is accountable to specific field sales territory management objectives, including, but not limited to mapping, customer call cadences and assigned weekly call frequencies by individual territory assigned within the region.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum 5 – 7 years healthcare and/or clinical diagnostic sales management experience
- Ability to travel up to 50 percent
- Proven leadership success within previous roles, with focus on coaching, development, employee satisfaction. Also, excellent planning, forecasting, negotiation and presentation skills are required both within the RSD role itself, but also as a coach and mentor for the team.
- Strong preference for experience selling and leading teams in the areas of clinical, diagnostic, imaging or lab products and/or services
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.